Fatty Acids, Flax and Fish Oils Product Education
The majority of Americans don’t get the necessary daily intake of healthy fats. Receiving the optimal amount of unsaturated fats and essential fatty acids has been shown to improve memory, skin and heart health, improve cholesterol levels and blood pressure, and may even protect against serious diseases including heart disease and some cancers. Daily supplementation with fish oil and similar products helps to ensure we are getting enough vital nutrients to live a healthier life.
Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) is the principal Omega-3 fatty acid, which a healthy human will convert into eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and later into docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). EPA and the GLA synthesized from linoleic (Omega-6) acid are later converted into hormone-like compounds known as eicosanoids, which aid in many bodily functions including vital organ function and intracellular activity. Omega-3s are used in the formation of cell walls, making them supple and flexible, and improving circulation and oxygen uptake with proper red blood cell flexibility and function.
- Important for the normal functioning of every cell, tissue, gland and organ.
- Increase energy level, metabolism and stamina.
- Increase required levels of omega 3 EFA’s during pregnancy and nursing for the optimal development of children.
- Helps decrease high cholesterol levels
- May reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Supports brain function, vision and the immune System.
- Nordic Naturals – Omega 3-6-9
- Barlean’s – Forti-Flax Organic Flax Seed